Chief Executive Officer
- Moving from carbon fuels to oxygen fuels to meet Linde’s global targets for 2028 and 2035
- Assessing the potential of batteries vs hydrogen as clean solutions
- Linking decarbonisation to profitability
- Trialling processes and examining the results of potential ways of eliminating diesel fuel
(Formerly Leigh Creek Energy, NeuRizer is constructing a urea manufacturing facility in South Australia capable of producing carbon neutral fertiliser)
- Embedding the decarbonisation pathway into the Front-End Engineering and Design (FEED) process
- Creating a fully integrated production facility with all inputs (gas, power and CO2) on-site to ensure that the NRUP achieves zero carbon from first operations in 2025
- Maximising the capabilities of new technology like Carbon Capture and Storage (CCS)
Chief Sustainability Officer
- Looking for opportunities and analysing when (how) they stack up financially for a small manufacturer
- Saving electricity with a solar system monitored by an in-house software
- Finding the right recycling partners and minimising waste with tighter control of factory processes
- Considerations for a cleaner future: where to next?
- Innovation as a key to unlocking emissions reduction
- Collaborating with customers, suppliers, communities and government
- Creating goals and measuring consistently to attain high performance and keep everyone on track
Group Director Sustainability & Social Responsibility
- How a 1994 ‘spear to the chest’ inspired a revolution in carpet manufacture
- Replacing process heating when electrification is not viable
- Beyond net zero: radical collaboration, restorative business and carbon sequestration using carbon negative materials
- How helpful are incentive programs in reducing real emissions – ie jumping specific hurdles instead of taking a holistic approach to emissions reduction
- What sort of standards and certifications are useful in ensuring that metrics are ‘real’?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of dividing emissions into Scope1, 2 and 3?
- Is uptake/storage of CO2 (recarbonation) in end product (eg cement) a meaningful metric?
Interface Australia & New Zealand
Manager Value Chain Emissions
Manager, Corporate Engagement
Investor Group on Climate Change (IGCC)
- Progressing the decarbonisation of industrial processes by integrating green energy alternatives
- Leveraging of existing production and export infrastructure, and the requirements for common use infrastructure
- Strategically choosing the role of green ammonia and hydrogen to develop market uptake and maturity
- Keeping an eye on the bottom line – making green hydrogen make financial sense
- What lessons should industrials take from the oil and gas industry?
- How effective is CCS in mitigating emissions now and what improvements can be expected?
- What are the timelines on commercially viable, efficient (greenie-proof) CCS?
- Are there any technologies besides CCS that can achieve deep reductions in CO2 emissions from high-emitting industries?
Executive Director and Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer
Executive Director and Chief Technical Officer
KC8 Capture Technologies
Head of Climate, Energy and Environment Policy
Australian Industry Group (Ai Group)
Strategic Development Manager – Energy Transition